Chickpea Sandwich Spread
1 can chickpeas roughly mashed
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
2 stalks of green onions, chopped
Mock-chicken seasoning, to taste
Mash chickpeas with a fork or food processor.
Add green onion, celery, and carrot.
Add the soy mayonnaise, to bind it together.
Sprinkle in some mock-chicken seasoning.
Then mix it all together.
Put this spread on crackers, on pita bread, or regular bread. Add lettuce and tomato to make a delicious sandwich.
1/3 c. oil
1/3 c. honey or agave nectar, or a ½ c. maple syrup, or ½ c. cane sugar
½ c. molasses
1/3 c. water
3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking powder, alum free
1 tsp. ginger powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ingredients together well.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured board.
- Cut dough into shapes of gingerbread men.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
½ cup flour, unbleached white, whole wheat or brown rice
3 Tbsp. Blaney’s Chicken-like seasoning
2 Tbsp. Braggs all purpose seasoning
4 cups water
Salt to taste
- In a medium sized pot, combine flour and seasoning.
- Whisk in water slowly. Bring to a boil then simmer until thickened.
- Add salt to taste.
1 squash of your choice (1 large, or 2-3 small ones)
Halve the squash; remove the seeds and stringy portions. Place the squash, cut-sides down, in a large glass baking dish with 1-inch of water in the bottom. Cover and steam until tender at 400 degrees F., for about 20 minutes. Or cook in a microwave on high until tender, about 8 minutes.
4 cups fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs
2 cups cooked whole spelt grain, Kamut grain, or combined brown and wild rice
1/3 c. olive oil
¾ c. water
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
1 medium onion, chopped fine
¼ c. dried cranberries
¼ c. diced celery
¼ c. grated carrot
¼ c. slivered roasted almonds
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a large baking dish. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven, covered for about 20-30 minutes, or until onion is soft. Or: cover and place in microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir and then place back in microwave on high for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon dressing into squash halves and bake in oven once again just prior to serving for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve with gravy on the side.
Turkey and Dressing
½ MGM frozen “No Turkey” roll
1 recipe “Bread Dressing”
1 recipe “Chicken Gravy”
- Cover bottom of a 9” x 12” baking pan with a thin layer of gravy approximately ¼-inch thick.
- Slice turkey into round ¼-inch slices. Bend each slice of turkey into a “taco shell” shape. Fill with dressing and stand in baking dish. Repeat placing each “shell” snug against each other until the dish is full.
- Divide remaining dressing evenly amongst each shell.
- Drizzle gravy over top of turkey shells. Reserve remaining gravy to serve with meal.
- Place dish in oven at 350 degrees F. until golden brown.
- Serve with cranberries.
*When serving, each piece will hold its shape better, if baked a day in advance.
Beet & Cilantro Salad
1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
1/4 to 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus a few sprigs for garnish
Juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1-2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
Dash of maple syrup
Pinch cayenne pepper
Steam the beets for about 40 minutes, or until you can stick a fork in them easily. Cool them until they’re comfy to handle, then cut them into small pieces in a medium-large bowl. Add the red bell pepper, green onions, and carrots. Dress generously with the exotic Cumin Vinaigrette and allow to marinate, refrigerated, for several hours or overnight. Before serving, stir in the cilantro and garnish with a few additional sprigs of cilantro.
* (from Beverly Edwards-Haines)